|RAF Grantham ("St Vincent's")|
24 Mar 05
This should not be confused with the original RAF Grantham, renamed RAF Spitalgate in 1942, which was the flying station of Grantham.
Units based here:
Hq No 5 Gp :: Oct 1937 - Nov 1943
HQ Troop Carrier Command :: Nov 1943 -
HQ No 7 Gp :: 3 Nov 1944 - 21 Dec 1945
HQ No 21 Gp :: 7 Mar 1946 - 1 May 1947
Background to the presence of HQ Troop Carrier Command of the USAAF is on the American history page.
HQ No 21 Gp moved from RAF Spitalgate to Grantham on 7 Mar 1946 before in turn moving to RAF Morton Hall where it absorbed 91 Gp, which had in turn absorbed 5 Gp.
Action Stations Revisited - the complete history of Britain's military airfields, No 1 Eastern England (Michael J F Bowyer)
powered by blueconsultancy